- The Pink Posse held their first annual 'Palooza with a Purpose' raising $22,250 for the Palmetto Health Foundation 2010 WALK FOR LIFE/Race for Life.
- #1 Fundraising Team for the Palmetto Health Foundation 2010 WALK FOR LIFE/5K Race for Life.
- Since 2008, Ascot residents in Irmo have donated over $5,000 to The Pink Posse Team for the Palmetto Health Foundation WALK FOR LIFE/5K Race for Life.
- The Pink Posse was voted #1 charity in 2010 by Lexington Life Magazine.
- Reach Out Columbia featured The Pink Posse Philes in an article by Lori Hatcher.
- The Pink Posse Bead Collection raised $2,075 for Lexington Medical Foundation, $2,075 for SCOA Cares Foundation and $2,075 for the Palmetto Health Foundations WALK FOR LIFE/5K Race for Life.
- Lexington Woman Magazine featured The Pink Posse on the front cover in their December Issue!
- Dems Jewelers hosted a Wine and Cheese Party in May 2010 for the unveiling of 24 specially designed breast cancer beads in The Pink Posse Bead Collection.
- #1 fundraising team for the Palmetto Health Foundations 2009 WALK FOR LIFE/5K Race for Life raised $17,329.
- Team Captain, Bren Miller, was the No. 1 individual fundraiser for the 2009 Walk for Life/5K Race for Life.
- The Pink Posse was featured in a segment on Carolina News, October 2009.
- Dems Jewelers hosted a Wine and Cheese Party in May 2009 for the unveiling of 12 specially designed breast cancer beads in The Pink Posse Bead Collection.
- Dems Jewelers commissioned a South Carolina "Bead" artist to design breast cancer "beads" for twelve survivors on The Pink Posse. $10 of every "bead" sold from May 2009 through September 2009 totaling $4,000 was donated to the 2009 Palmetto Health Foundation Walk for Life in honor of The Pink Posse Breast Cancer Survivors.
- 'Bling 4 Breast Cancer' was founded by Bren Miller. 'The Mirror of Hope' raised $2.000 for the Palmetto Health Foundation 2009 WALK FOR LIFE/5K Race for Life.
- Bren Miller founded The Pink Posse Philes (Breast Cancer Support Group) and their first party was held in November 2009.
- The Pink Posse was the #1 fundraising team for the Palmetto Health Foundation 2008 WALK FOR LIFE/5K Race for Life raising $4,675.
- Team Captain, Bren Miller, was the No. 1 individual fundraiser for the 2008 Walk for Life.
- WIS-TV filmed The Pink Posse during the 2008 Walk for Life for the weekend news.
- The Pink Posse was featured in a WIS-TV segment with Judi Gatson.
- After one year of chemo, Bren Miller founded The Pink Posse on May 29, 2008.
- March 21, 2007 Bren Miller, was diagnosed with Breast Cancer - Stage 1 Grade 2 / Her2+.
My diagnosis came on the very same day my family was moving to Columbia, SC from Cincinnati, OH. I prayed that God would use me in some way to help others through the challenges I would face on this journey. Throughout my life, smiling & having a positive attitude has always been very easy for me. Therefore, with cancer, I concentrated on the good in everything I experienced while singing my favorite hymn "Leaning on the Everlasting Arms." The Bible says, "The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms." If life's storms are overwhelming you, climb up into your Heavenly Father's arms, feel the beat of His heart, and rest assured He's bigger than the storm you're facing. A few years ago, my cancer would have been a death sentence and I am very passionate about raising awareness, helping others diagnosed with breast cancer, and doing my part to find a cure.
Click on the link below to read my entire story in the May 2010 issue of Lexington Woman:
http://issuu.com/lexingtonwoman/docs/issue8_side1 (pp. 22-23)